Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

♥ Cat's Creation: Lovebird

It feels so nice hearing my sewing machine churning. :p Don't you think the stripes print fabric in skyblue shades is absolutely, totally, unconventionally lovely? Initially I was thinking of making it into a dress but ended up making it into a ra ra skirt & used the remaining fabric for the tube top.

1. The Ra Ra La Di Da: RM40 SOLD OUT

Cat Purr: One day, I walked into Topshop & saw this lovely ra ra miniskirt in fuschia & i fell in love with it. Got kinda inspired by it & thought, "Hey, why not make a skirt like this myself?" and voila! Yes, my version is more sweet & cute & feminine as compared to the edgy one in Topshop. :p I made the waistband thicker & added lace trimming at the top. The skirt is quite small, so, it's suitable for waist size 22 to 24inch. The material is not stretchable. 2 buttons & zipper closure at the back of the skirt. The zipper might not be perfectly sewn (haven't master the skill of sewing zipper) but it's decently done.

PS006: Exclusive 1 Piece. Free size (fits UK4 to small UK6)
Measurements: Highwaist = 12.75inch, Length = 18.75inch
Material: Cotton
RM40

2. My Sweetheart: RM35 SOLD OUT

Cat Purr: This tube top has made her debut in our last post. :) Ruched design at the bust. Finished with an adorable blue button. Gathered lace trimming. This is the first smocked item i have sewn. So glad it turns out ok. I wished I had more material to make the bottom part more puffy, well, this looks good as well. Now, I am thinking of this altering this pattern into a dress! What do you think? :p

PS005: Exclusive 1 Piece. Free size (fits UK6 to UK10)
Measurements: Pit-to-pit = 13inch, Length = 19inch
Material: Cotton
RM35